Need Technology Help?
When technology works – it’s wonderful. When it doesn’t work – it’s super stressful. Especially if you’re grieving.
We get asked a lot of questions about a wide variety of tech topics: from “where’s my download?” to “I’m not getting any of your emails! Where are they?” to a million other things. With questions on course delivery, and access to private Refuge in Grief groups, we can totally help. See below for the answers to common questions. Still need help? Message support AT refugeingrief dot com.
I don’t know where to find the download / watch a video / save a file!
If you purchased the audio book from the Refuge in Grief website, the download link is in your emailed receipt. Please be sure to check your junkmail folders if you haven’t received the email.
For questions on how to download videos, where audio or video downloads are stored on you computer, and other tech-related issues, we really aren’t the place to ask. Most of the time, we’ll need to point you to resources outside of Refuge in Grief – we just don’t have expertise in all the various computer systems, setups and software needed in order to answer your questions.
You aren’t stuck, though! Most of the time, a simple Google search will answer your questions – quickly, and efficiently.
An example – here’s a common question: “I want to download the PDF or audio file from your page to my computer. How do I save a file from a link?”
Try a Google search for “Save PDF from link” or “Save audio file from link” or “save file from link.” Usually, one of the first two search results will be what you need.
If you’re expecting an email from Refuge in Grief and you haven’t seen it yet:
We’ve been using the same mail delivery system for years. The emails for your course or product have absolutely gone out. I know it’s frustrating to not see messages you were expecting, but please take a moment to check the suggestions and answers below.
- Check your Spam folder (with course emails, 98% of the time, what you’re looking for is in there).
- Check your addresses! Payment for most courses goes through paypal. If the paypal email address you use isn’t your regular email, you won’t see emails related to the course…. because they’re sent to your paypal email address.
- This above is the #1 reason you haven’t seen your invitation to a private FB course, or the reason you have your invitation, but are getting a “group not available” message when you click the link. If your paypal email address and the email address you use for facebook aren’t the same, you won’t see facebook group invitations.
- FB won’t allow multiple invitations to be sent to the same address. We cannot resend the original invitation, but there’s an easy fix. Message WYG AT refugeingrief dot com, and we’ll get it sorted.
- If you need to change your address for a course, message WYG AT refugeingrief dot com (replace AT with @; no spaces)
- If you sent a message via the contact form, or directly to Megan, and haven’t heard back – please remember that not all messages will get a response. The amount of email we receive is. quite. large. We read everything, but cannot respond personally to every message. Please see this page for more information. If you’re asking about a speaking event or requesting a training, please put that in your subject line. Thanks.
A note on how to ask for help:
If you’re frustrated, yep, we get that. Tech issues are frustrating. Please note: we are a very small staff. We’ve worked hard to make beautiful, useful, supportive things for you. We WANT you to be successful in listening, watching, participating. We’ve laid the steps out clearly. We want you to get the help you need. When you message us, please treat our staff with kindness. HOW you ask for help greatly influences how we respond, and how we feel about our work of supporting you. Take a moment, breathe, re-read the instructions.
Even when there’s an issue we can help you with, we cannot, and will not “respond immediately.” Sometimes your “right now” is the middle of the night for us. Please be patient, and know we will help you, as we are able, as soon as we can. Remember that we are human beings on the other side of this screen.
With many, many thanks to the folks at Heart of Business, for much of the language on this page. You can find super useful support videos on their site, here.